返回列表 回復 發帖

RAFA LEFT FRUSTRATED BY THE BLUES

Rafa Benitez rued his side's failiure to convert dominance into goals following a Saturday stalemate with Birmingham.

The Spaniard also explained the omission of Fernando Torres from his starting XI, telling reporters it was a tactical decision.

He said: "You must be frustrated because you know before that you must win this kind of game. You could see we were attacking, attacking, attacking – especially in the first half.

"Clear chances are really difficult when the opponents play so deep. We had a lot of shots but they were off target.

"We tried in the wide areas, we tried to get crosses in – everything. It was really difficult but if you have some chances you must take them."

Benitez added: "We knew they would be deep and narrow and compact, so we needed the strikers to play between the lines.

"Kuyt and Voronin can do this. After, when we needed fresh legs, we brought on Fernando, but you could see how many times he got behind defenders – never. That's because there was no space."

The Liverpool boss also revealed that Jermaine Pennant and Javier Mascherano both picked up knocks, though neither is thought to be serious.

按此加入爱与诚王国            
As a Liverpool I left frustrated by Rafa's rotation policy.
I don't mind to rotate the players but if I were him then I would stick with a regular team to play every match in the first 60-70 mins (at least) and then rotate the team if we fully under control the game.
Last 2 games really let me down ....
原帖由 garyson 於 2007-9-23 01:02 PM 發表
I don't mind to rotate the players but if I were him then I would stick with a regular team to play every match in the first 60-70 mins (at  ...
Ya...i totally agree with...
like that is no good for the team....

按此加入爱与诚王国            
原帖由 garyson 於 2007-9-23 01:02 PM 發表
I don't mind to rotate the players but if I were him then I would stick with a regular team to play every match in the first 60-70 mins (at  ...
absolutely right....
返回列表