返回列表 回復 發帖

HYYPIA: ROTATION TALK IS SILLY

Sami Hyypia has labelled the preoccupation with Rafa Benitez's rotation policy 'silly'.  
The big Finn is frustrated the subject arises whenever Liverpool drop points – but never when they win.

He said: "The first time the manager tells us about the team is an hour and a half before the game. But sometimes after the meeting at Melwood he'll tell some individual players that they are playing.

"Everybody knows that the manager likes to rotate, and he isn't going to change his style. Nobody said anything about that at the beginning of the season when we were winning games.

"But because we've drawn a few games people have started to talk about it again. It's silly because that's his style and he's not going to change it."

Hyypia, who is about to turn 34, even believes a bit of chopping and changing can do wonders for a veteran for him.

"It's the manager's decision whether I play or not. But I'm not 20-years-old any more and the recovery time isn't the same as when I was younger. But I'm always ready when he needs me.

"The unfortunate injury to Danny means I'm going to get some games now, though I'm not very happy with the way I get them as I would prefer Danny to be fit and help the team."

BENITEZ: HOBBS HAS THE QUALITY

Rafa Benitez has backed Jack Hobbs to shine if called upon in tonight's Carling Cup tie at Reading.  
The 19-year-old reserves captain, who arrived from Lincoln City two years ago, could make his senior bow at the Madejski.

Benitez said: "We know Jack Hobbs. He was in the last two pre-seasons with us, so we know him perfectly.

"If we need to use a player, it's because we think he's good enough, and not because we want to experiment. And Jack is good enough."

Hobbs was a key part of the FA Youth Cup winning side of 2006, establishing himself as a rock at the back alongside Godwin Antwi.

Although the tall defender has yet to make his competitive debut for Liverpool, he did warm the bench against Portsmouth in April 2007
返回列表