返回列表 回復 發帖

[旅遊心得] North Vancouver, BC

Is north vancouver a good place to live Vancouver BC?
北搵是山區, 好多樹林. 華人比較少.
i live in north vancouver. very good place to live. i've been living in n van for 16 years. when i was a kid, i always want to move to Richmond. since i got my drivers license, i never wanna move out from n van!
i live in north vancouver. very good place to live. i've been living in n van for 16 years. when i was a kid, i always want to move to Richmond. since i got my drivers license, i never wanna move out  ...
jackchan_2001 發表於 2012-12-13 01:59 PM
I was living in Richmond for 11 years but i moved back to hk for 8 years. Now i want to move back to Canada because i have a 1 years old kid. Is north van a good place for kid? I don't consider Richmond anymore because there is too much china man and i know it is not the richmond that i know anymore.

Is there any chinese market nearby?
North Vancouver is not ideal for people who just landed in Canada - aka new immigrants.

You would better settle in Vancouver or Richmond.
North Vancouver is not ideal for people who just landed in Canada - aka new immigrants.

You would better settle in Vancouver or Richmond.
pga 發表於 2012-12-16 03:55 AM
Hi, actually i am not new immigrants because i have been living in richmond for 11 years before i come back to hk for work(8years).
If you don't want to stay with the people from Mainland China then you better stay away form Richmond or Vancouver.  The apartment we are living is a lot worst compare to 5~6 years ago. :(
there're definitely not as many asians in n van. but it's a longer commute as well if you like going to richmond or vancouver. maybe consider north delta. i grew up there during high school
4# yoyourfather
North Vancouver is still okay, not too many people from mainland live here. There are tons of rich people from mainland living in West Vancouver tho.

Every Chinese who live in N Vancouver has already get used to driving, so we drive to Vancouver all the time to eat and shop. I live pretty close to the bridge, so it only takes me like 12 mins from home to get to the closest T&T in Vancouver (on 1st Avenue).

And there is actually a T&T in West Vancouver now (Branded as Osaka instead).

The price for house in N Van is reasonable, as rich mainland people only look at West Vancouver. Average house price is around $700k. Townhouse is about $400 - 500k. You can find some cheap apartment for under $300k.
there're definitely not as many asians in n van. but it's a longer commute as well if you like going to richmond or vancouver. maybe consider north delta. i grew up there during high school
strepsils 發表於 2012-12-17 07:15 PM
it depends on which part of North Vancouver you live, and where you go. As I stated in my previous post, it only takes me 12 mins to go to the closest T&T in Vancouver. It also only takes me similar of time to eat chinese food on Hastings. And my company has an office in Delta and my experience is North Van's commute is way better than Delta or Richmond.

The bridges in N Van is not as congest as Knight bridge, Oak bridge or Messy Tunnel.
You wont need to know how to speak English if you live in Richmond.
It is better if you move to north vancouver or other places if you want to learn English.

T&T is pretty much everywhere in Vancouver.
thx ching for all the useful information.
Good to hear that T&T is so close to north van, I think i will take a look at it next year when i come back.
Good area, but a little far from the rest of the activities unless you like outdoor activities such as hiking.  Also, I found traffic always bad when going thru the bridges to North Van.
I think N.Van is a nice place to stay! Great community~
I was living in Richmond for 11 years but i moved back to hk for 8 years. Now i want to move back to Canada because i have a 1 years old kid. Is north van a good place for kid? I don't consider Rich ...
yoyourfather 發表於 2012-12-14 10:31 AM
Sigh...
返回列表