返回列表 回復 發帖

Juventus wrap up Poulsen transfer

MILAN: Juventus have completed the signing of Sevilla midfielder Christian Poulsen, the Italian club said on Monday.
The Denmark international, 28, has moved for 9.75mil euros (US$15.32mil) and penned a four-year deal, the club said in a statement.
Juve, who enter the Champions League qualifiers next month after finishing third in Serie A last term, have been seeking a new midfielder throughout the close-season.
Poulsen’s arrival means it is less likely Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso will be moving to Turin while a deal for Inter Milan midfielder Dejan Stankovic also looks dead.
Juve fans do not like signing players from bitter rivals Inter and there was anger from some supporters when news leaked of their club’s interest in Stankovic.
The purchase of Poulsen has also led to a lukewarm reaction from some Juve fans, who feel the defensive midfielder is too similar to their tough-tackling Mali international Mohamed Sissoko. A more attacking option is required, they say.
Poulsen is likely to have opposition fans on his back during his first few months in Italy.
Former Italy striker Francesco Totti was banned at Euro 2004 for spitting at the Dane but said he had been strongly provoked, while AC Milan were unhappy with the midfielder’s conduct in a Champions League match against his former club Schalke in 2005.
“I am a defensive midfielder but I can also play in a more advanced position,” Poulsen said. “My hope is to be able to surprise the Italian public, who consider me a rough player, and show I also have good technique.”
Juventus needed a midfielder after letting Antonio Nocerino join Palermo. Tiago and Sergio Almiron were also big disappointments for the Turin club last season. – Reuters
返回列表