返回列表 回復 發帖

It’s back to the grind for Ronaldo ( Brazil )

RIO DE JANEIRO: Brazilian striker Ronaldo said on Wednesday he had recovered from his knee injury and was ready for the painful battle to regain his fitness.
Currently without a club, Ronaldo ruptured a tendon in his left knee during a Serie A game for AC Milan against Livorno in February, and was expected to be out for at least nine months.
On the road to recovery: Ronaldo controlling a ball during his rehabilitation programme in Rio de Janeiro on Wednesday. – AFP
“In clinical terms, my knee has recovered. Now I need to get back to having the physical condition of an athlete,” the 31-year-old told reporters as he began a rehabilitation programme at Brazilian club Flamengo.
“This is the part where the player suffers the most, it’s effectively pre-season training, with a lot of physical work. All I can think about is playing again. If not, I wouldn’t go through all this sacrifice and all this pain.”
The injury was similar to two injuries to his right knee earlier in his career. On that occasion, Ronaldo bounced back and led Brazil to World Cup victory in 2002.
“I have led an athlete’s life for 16 years, I think those headlines which say ‘Ronaldo is overweight’ are absurd,” said Ronaldo, who in May admitted he was 8kg overweight.
“It’s logical that I’m overweight, does anybody doubt that? I’ve been injured and I haven’t done any exercise for six months.”
Ronaldo said that finding a new club was still at the back of his mind.
“I have some contacts and some incredible projects but at the moment, my focus is just on recovering.
“I have to respect the stages I have mapped out in my mind, there’s no point in wanting to think about where I’m going to play in the future.” –
KEEP A REST.
返回列表