返回列表 回復 發帖
本帖最後由 huit 於 2011-6-9 10:57 PM 編輯

Chatswood's great for shopping but becoming a pain to drive into, and unless you can't drive, I wouldn't recommend living in Chatties, and some areas near Pac Hwy and the train station can get dodgy at night

If the Lower North Shore is a bit of a stretch money wise, consider areas like Ryde, North Ryde, Meadowbank, Rhodes etc, all along train lines.

I used to live in Cherrybrook more than 20 years ago and even then it had a reputation. Only Hongkies and Taiwanese and SE Asians back in those good ol' days though, now there's Chinamen everywhere (another reason to avoid Chatties as a place to live), also if finances allow, I'd also avoid the Inner West like Burwood, Ashfield etc... Ashfield is Little Shanghai, good for dumplings, but to live there? Haha

It's only after working in the West and seeing bogans, blacks, dirty Viets, towelheads and Lebs that you appreciate you have it good on the North Shore. Spoilt North Shore brat and proud, not moving anywhere (not even the Eastern Suburbs even if I had the money!)

Gotta love this forum, imagine saying this shit on an Aussie-based forum and not get banned :)
Guilty as charged!
Ha ha! Before you gave the suggestion, you forgot to ask   triple8 come for settle down or for study only.
大啦叭 發表於 2011-6-10 08:22 AM
well he DID mention "family of 4"
You guys forgot the toll you have to pay each time when you travel from the North to the city and wasting your time in traffic crossing the harbour. I prefer the South-Eastern suburbs such as Randwick ...
ivyyee 發表於 2011-6-10 12:44 AM
Mate you have any idea how high the crime rate is in Randwick/Kensington? I went to UNSW and break-ins, robbery etc are RAMPANT down there cos the thieves know overseas students have money and struggle with English so have trouble reporting to the police. As for going into the city from the North, if I worked in the city I'd just take ShittyRail, or the new red MetroBus (which are actually quite good) - in fact, who would drive into the city to work on a weekday anyway? Unless you're a fatcat with your own parking space at work. And there's not much traffic on weekends.
Hi Huit, break-in happened everywhere, I am sure there are crimes committed in the North side as well as the East. Of course everyone drives to the city in the morning and from the city in the afterno ...
ivyyee 發表於 2011-6-11 08:45 PM
Yes, break-ins happen everywhere including the North but a quick Google will show you for the past 10 years break-and-enter statistics has been CONSISTENTLY above the state average. Compare that with ANY suburb on the Upper and Lower North Shore. I rest my case.

As for "peak period", I've worked in the city for 4 years since I graduated and yes I took the train like most people, and believe it or not, there's been no more than 5 times a year when there was a delay (caught the train from Gordon), I feel bad for the plebs coming round Penrith/Parra way or in the South-West where delays are the worst - but hey at least we've got train service, what else is down your way besides a bus lane on Anzac Parade? And I'll bet driving into town in peak hour is just as bad from Maroubra/Randwick/Wherever else

Moreover, anyone who can afford to live on the North Shore but chooses to live in a lesser suburb, due solely to unfounded worries about the commute, is akin to choosing not to bang Jennifer Hawkins when she offers herself because "it might be too tiring".

Oh and why WOULDN'T I want to go into the city on the weekend, or anywhere else I want to go? Especially when the traffic is even less of an issue on weekends.

And lastly, there's something called "prestige" - totally intangible, but people want to live here. What have you got when it comes to prestige and credibility? The 'Bra Boys?
No I was being a bit harsh to Jennifer Hawkins...
本帖最後由 huit 於 2011-6-14 09:43 AM 編輯
The Bra boys are staying in the Maroubra beach doing their surfing, or may be drug dealing. Do you know who is controlling all the brothels in Chatswood?? I hope you do not have to be admitted to the  ...
ivyyee 發表於 2011-6-14 12:13 AM
Oh please, for every crime in the North that gets a mention in the press, I'll bet 3 cases gets filed down south, it's only newsworthy because it happens up North, who'd care to read about some dude getting robbed down south? Part and parcel of the socio-economic status of the area. You wanna dig up the number of brothels and do a comparison too, junkies perhaps?

And for the 200k or so people living up North, travel expense is obviously no issue to them otherwise they would've moved away in droves. Hate to break this to you mate, but if you have to mention it, you clearly can't afford to live there. Oh and by the way, we also pay more on average in council rates and even petrol too in some places, and no-one's complaining.

As for Labor losing the election - that's not even relevant as far as the North's concerned. Dude - hello?? The North's been safe Liberal seats since well before the war, regardless of who's in charge at the time. The biggest swing towards Libs/Nat took place in traditional Labor heartland such as Penrith, where (surprise surprise) they also copped the worst of the train delays and other related government services.

And I hope you're not seriously suggesting the RPA is any better. Knock on wood, I haven't been admitted to the RNS, but my granddad has, and so has my mother - no complaints in either case about the care they received. What's more, some of the best private hospitals are up North, gotta be a reason for that.
This should clear things up somewhat:

don't like the discrimination there tho, i prefer canada
78904123 發表於 2011-6-24 07:07 AM
Haha there's discrimination in Canada too, difference is it goes the other way, just check out Richmond in Vancouver where whities are the minority :)

Wanna feel welcomed? Blend in.
where have no discriminiation? The perfect example is Hong kong ppl discriminate China ppl even we have same type of blood.
wawawa3 發表於 2011-7-17 12:12 PM [img]http://www.tvboxn
ow.com/images/common/back.gif[/img]
Haha, I definitely DO NOT have the same type of blood as Chinamen... unless they're AB positive.

Seriously what's all this talk about "bleeding the same blood" just because some dude speaks the same language as you and have similar cultural backgrounds? The difference is still HUGE and you don't see the British and Americans "bleed the same blood" just because they both speak English.

Chinamen are discriminated against mainly because of the crass, rude and distasteful behaviour of some (not all obviously) and they're oblivious of generally accepted social etiquette, as for me, I discriminate against FOBs that behave this way in general, no matter where they come from, just so happens a lot of them come from China.
yes, i do agree partially. i do aware there is alot of Chinese from mainland who is rude, uneducated.
the example you giving about US and UK is completely different. they have 2 different nationality  ...
wawawa3 發表於 2011-7-18 08:32 AM
Ain't got no prime ministers in the US mate - and sovereignty has nothing to do with how closely related you are with another group of people you wouldn't otherwise associate with, would you say you're close to the Tibetans, given China invaded Tibet and Mandarin is an official language there?
i used to live in  northbridge back in 10 yrs ago. not sure about where is good location to rent but i think NE area is overall cost more.
Paramatta, Epping, Carlingford use to be more reasonable.

ho ...
wawawa3 發表於 2011-7-17 12:09 PM
Hey we used to be neighbours - I was in Northbridge about 10 years ago, near the baths
返回列表