返回列表 回復 發帖

Lucas Leiva Gerrard can help him become the best midfielders in the world

The Brazilian, who won his first official international cap this week, hopes playing alongside Liverpool's number eight will take his game to a new level.

"I love watching Steven Gerrard play," the 20-year-old told LFC Magazine. "I have been watching him a lot, picking up a few things and I am learning from him already.

"When my English improves I hope to be able to talk with him more and ask for tips on what to do in different situations on the pitch.

"You can learn a lot from coaches in training but even more from someone like Gerrard, who has been there and done it on such a consistent basis."

Meanwhile, Lucas revealed a host of European clubs – including Everton – were chasing his signature before he arrived at Anfield.

"I was aware of interest from Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan and also Everton," said Lucas. "There was a lot of talk from other clubs but I always got the feeling Liverpool were most interested in me.

"When I heard Liverpool were interested I said 'Yes' straight away. The club has won so many things – everyone in Brazil knows about them."

It's been a remarkable few months for the young midfielder. After donning a red shirt for the first time in Hong Kong, he earned his first official Brazil cap in a 2-0 friendly win over Algeria on Wednesday.

Lucas admits it's a huge privilege to be playing at that level at such a tender age.

"It's great to be thought of and included along with some of the best players in the world," he said.

"To train and play with Brazil alongside so many stars is a massive honour."

i agreee

i really hoping lucas can start their game at england cause i wanna see isit his is the kaka 2 at brazil..
he still has a long way to go :onion14:
返回列表