返回列表 回復 發帖

FINNAN: WE OWE THE FANS A PERFORMANCE

Steve Finnan today insisted the Liverpool players are determined to put a smile back on the faces of their fans this weekend following Wednesday's Champions League defeat to Marseille.

The Reds have an early chance to return to winning ways at Anfield when they face Tottenham on Sunday afternoon, and the Liverpool defender admits nothing less than three points will be good enough after a poor display in midweek.

"We know we owe it to ourselves and to the fans to turn in a good performance this weekend," he said. "We understand the frustrations of the supporters at the moment and we want to put things right.

"The Marseille game was a poor one from our point of view but at least we can get it out of our system with a victory against Tottenham.

"I'm not sure what went wrong on Wednesday. We didn't start well and then didn't really improve. We only looked like scoring towards the end of the game. It was a really strange display.

"We have to remember that we have a lot of quality in the squad and it's only a matter of time before it all clicks again for us. I don't think we've been at our best over recent weeks but hopefully we can soon return to the form we're capable of.

"It'll be difficult this weekend because Tottenham are a good side with players who can hurt you, especially in forward positions. Robbie Keane is someone I know well and of course Berbatov is a top quality player. But they've had their own problems this season and we have to take advantage of that and play to the standard we're capable of.

"The Champions League campaign may not have started as we'd have wished, but we're still well placed in the Premier League and it's important we stay up there with the leaders."

按此加入爱与诚王国            
so~~~u all should wake up and give us confidence~~~come on guys...you'll never walk alone~~~
返回列表