返回列表 回復 發帖

Recovering Beckham set to face D.C. United

LOS ANGELES, Aug 14 (Reuters) - David Beckham, who has been hampered by an injured left ankle for the last two months, expects to play a major role for Los Angeles Galaxy in their SuperLiga semi-final against D.C. United on Wednesday. www1.tvboxnow.com1 K1 b2 @! A2 g* G: p

. g  l! q) J8 e/ t/ ~4 q' K& Iwww1.tvboxnow.com'I think I can play at least half a game tomorrow, which is important for me,' Beckham, 32, told reporters on Tuesday after taking part in his first training session with the Galaxy at the Home Depot Center.
* i) B" f1 p% K' Dtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb公仔箱論壇" ^, c5 V7 w  U- G- E" P# R4 L" M
'It's important for the team that I at least get on the pitch and help contribute. It was good to get out on to the field today and have a bit of practice.
% ^2 f) _4 X, c5 K; q% d
5 `0 j6 B$ N" z* y  ?$ h) k公仔箱論壇'This is my first time, since I arrived, to be out on the training pitch and it felt good.'
4 K3 I6 Y4 I; _tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
9 v9 z. Z, w# k* m8 fBeckham said he was still feeling some pain in his Achilles' tendon and under the ankle. 'My ankle's not perfect,' he added. 'It's about 70-80 percent.' TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。1 J9 _5 ]. |. R$ X% r- X, B+ H
" |% H8 a  t  `
Galaxy head coach Frank Yallop said: 'David is available to start and play a significant role tomorrow against D.C. United.
, y7 P9 X, |4 Y; [" [, kTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。! j6 b, h2 X- ^. Z2 b# p
'I fully expect to give him his SuperLiga debut at some point in the contest. Tomorrow's game is very important to the club and we have a number of players injured or suspended so to have David available will be a big boost.'  
) X3 M6 W/ e! J& ?1 w8 E( ~/ e5 x, P0 V+ Q9 L1 C7 j/ X
/ z7 |% y. ~/ ~2 I
Yallop will have to decide whether he prefers to start with Beckham, who is well short of his usual fitness level, or bring his high-profile signing on to the pitch late in the match.
" u5 m3 G3 `; l& u# w2 O% O: [! x8 gwww1.tvboxnow.com; j8 z- x* f+ c' a
'It's been frustrating for all of us not to have someone like David available,' Yallop added. 'I think David will be the one who knits it all together.' tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb( D) G+ R% k& n9 u. Z# V
" `1 f" A( J/ S, A+ l
Beckham, one of the world's most marketable sports figures, has made only two fleeting appearances for the Galaxy since joining the Major League Soccer (MLS) club midway through last month.
, ?5 {1 B* k3 Htvb now,tvbnow,bttvb公仔箱論壇$ W$ p+ D" ^" C+ k: v
He played for 16 minutes as a late substitute against FA Cup holders Chelsea on July 21 before making his MLS debut on Thursday at D.C. United, playing the final 21 minutes in a 1-0 loss before a capacity crowd of 46,686.
  @; `& G) G& X1 T9 q  _8 U% V8 m! V- A: F2 a2 t! U
Signed from Real Madrid on a $32.5 million five-year deal, Beckham spent most of his first three weeks in Los Angeles receiving ice treatment and massage in the treatment room or working in the gym. TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。/ z" Q( U- t6 H4 Q* J, q" A

, {# O% ?& D" Q7 ]公仔箱論壇The former England captain twisted his ankle playing for his country against Estonia in a Euro 2008 qualifying match in June. www1.tvboxnow.com+ M2 i5 c" Q8 u4 R& ^9 v
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb  i* f% ^0 \* U9 v$ z
He then aggravated it in his final appearance for Real 11 days later when his former team clinched the Spanish league title.
返回列表