返回列表 回復 發帖

[網球] DJOKOVIC KNOCKS FEDERER OUT OF AUSSIE OPEN TO HEAD TO FINAL

Melbourne, Australia (Sports Network) - Novak Djokovic moved into the Australian Open final Thursday with a straight-set win over defending champion Roger Federer.
; |, A# s# h2 J: H$ c8 |Djokovic, the 2008 champion, posted a 7-6 (7-3), 7-5, 6-4 victory and will meet the winner between Andy Murray and David Ferrer in Sunday's title match. Ferrer, who knocked off Rafael Nadal in the quarterfinals, and Murray will square off in the other semifinal on Friday.
' u& V: B# N) J. ~3 E" I' H公仔箱論壇Sunday's final will be the first at a Grand Slam without Federer or Nadal since the 2008 Australian Open, when Djokovic knocked off the Swiss superstar in the semifinals and went on to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the final for his lone major championship crown to date.
8 Y( y2 F: U0 W9 ^3 bTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Nadal, of course, had won the past three Grand Slam titles before being knocked out by Ferrer on Wednesday. Federer was trying for his 17th Grand Slam title and fifth Aussie Open crown. He will not hold one of the four major titles for the first time since 2003. , r5 m% A, D4 r
"Sure, it's disappointing and it hurts in the moment itself. I wish I could have won here again for the fifth time," said Federer. "But wasn't possible tonight."
# k! V( t- j0 }7 s- ?tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbAfter Djokovic prevailed in the first-set tiebreak, Federer opened a 5-2 lead in the second set. He didn't win another game for the rest of the set.
5 [* @* ~2 x7 K) {5 E8 d- ?TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Djokovic stormed back to win five straight for a two-set lead and broke serve early in the third. Federer, however, broke back to square it at 4-4 only to watch the Serb again break for a 5-4 edge. He went on to hold to finish the match.
+ ?8 w4 c2 e0 h: ^  [6 F"I had to take my chances," said Djokovic. "The second set I was a break up and in 20 minutes I was 5-2 down. If I would lose that second set, God knows which direction the match would go." tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb' t* ?9 l& R! e% H/ W, l
Instead, Djokovic will play in a Grand Slam final for the fourth time. He also beat Federer last year in the U.S. Open semifinals before losing to Nadal in the title match. His other major championship final loss came against Federer in the 2007 U.S. Open. www1.tvboxnow.com  q  o, t3 z2 L6 p
"Already [in the] final is a great result, great achievement," added Djokovic. "I want to win it again. I believe I can. Hopefully I can pull up the best tennis."
0 Z  S3 b" }! f; X( H/ r' f: iThe 23-year-old Djokovic, who helped Serbia to the Davis Cup crown in December, is 18-13 all-time in title matches. 公仔箱論壇3 A2 |' u% g9 C
"To be able to have [the Davis Cup] in the back of your mind is a big advantage coming into the season," Djokovic noted. "I had that motivation and confidence from the big success that we had and playing really well. So I just continued on. I knew that these two weeks are the most important. This is where I want to play my best tennis and I was setting up my form exactly for this tournament. Paid off." TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。/ h) U$ e% x+ r& v5 i$ B3 @
Djokovic owns a record of 4-3 against Murray and 5-4 against Ferrer. He hasn't played Murray since the final of the Miami Masters in 2009, a 6-2, 7-5 victory for the Scot. Murray has won the last three meetings, but the two have never played in a Grand Slam tournament. Djokovic beat Ferrer in the Beijing final last year and he has also won the two previous meetings in Grand Slam events, including a 6-0, 6-3, 7-5 pounding in the quarterfinals of the 2008 Australian Open. www1.tvboxnow.com- j* p  Q: }' v1 Z5 [8 _0 ]
Murray is trying to reach his third Grand Slam final and is still in search of that elusive first major crown. He lost to Federer in last year's Aussie Open title match and was also beaten by the Swiss superstar in the 2008 U.S. Open finale.
% h8 c# u; \& z9 W# w+ hFerrer has never been to a Grand Slam final. His best previous result was a loss to Djokovic in the semifinals of the 2007 U.S. Open.

評分次數

• tkg04

Roger Federer is my most favorite tennis player. But he is getting old. It is very difficult for him to fight with the other young guys at his age. The British guy Andy Murray has chance this year.

評分次數

• tkg04

返回列表