返回列表 回復 發帖

FINNAN: WE'VE GOT TO GET OUR FORM BACK

Steve Finnan admits Liverpool have to get their top form back when they face three tough games in the space of a week after the international break.

Liverpool face Everton, Besiktas and Arsenal after the international matches and the Republic of Ireland international knows the Reds must be at their best to get good results from those games.

Finnan admitted Liverpool were below par during the 2-2 draw against Tottenham and said: "It's half a dozen games now where we've produced poor performances, but we've got some big games coming up and we've got to get back to the form we were showing earlier in the season.

"There's a feeling of overall disappointment because we didn't play well again and conceding two goals either side of half-time made it difficult for us.

"But it's still early days and we're still unbeaten in the league.

"We were relieved to score the late equaliser, but also disappointed to drop two points. I just swung it in with my left-foot hoping someone would get on the end of it and Nando showed his quality in the air.

"We thought we weren't going to get anything from the game so for Fernando to pop up with a great header was a real relief. But overall we're disappointed because we didn't play well again.

"It's nice to be unbeaten in the league and the fact that we are still unbeaten and still getting results, even though we're not playing well – apart from Wednesday night obviously – will help our confidence.

"I don't know whether the international break has come at a good time or not.

"Sometimes it's good to get away and play a couple of international matches, but we'll have to wait and see."

按此加入爱与诚王国            
返回列表