返回列表 回復 發帖
比如買東西14.8的話,只能給他整數,不能給他20.8,算不過來,他就會說:“sorry, I can't take both.” 更別說買了16,你給他21,讓他找5了。

Depends where you are - I'm from Sydney and I do that all the time because my wallet doesn't hold coins, never had problems. Not sure about the other cities (and they say Perth is 20 years behind Sydney :) )
沒有人喝EVIAN,我見得最多的是Mount Franklin。
- Not surprising given the author is an overseas student - in the CBD people drink Perrier/Evian/Pellegrino and other wanky water

99.9%的廁所都是坐廁,隔間裡面永遠都會有紙
-Crouch-toilets do not exist in Oz, or other western countries, only in Asia

見面how are you, 可能兩個人同時how are you。但千萬別回答fine thank you, and you?一般Local都是Good,yourself?
- I mostly say "good, yourself?" but there's nothing wrong with "fine thank you, and you?" and people DO say that

* 悉尼墨爾本華人氾濫,基本上無英語也能生存。
Not just Melbourne

* 這就是一個全世界歧視印度人的國家
They ARE pretty annoying - and normally I'm not racist.

滿大街的Gloria Jeans, 搞得我一度以為是賣褲子的。星巴克只有零星兩三家,沒什麼人光顧。
-Starbucks used to be everywhere - and then the American head office went into administration, and closed most of the shops in Oz

* 你可以上學在一個城市,住在另一個城市,交通靠火車,沒有地鐵這種先進的東西,澳洲人表示澳洲地大人稀,地底空間不需要利用。
-No funding. They've talked about building a metro system for years in Sydney.
*滿大街的Gloria Jeans, 搞得我一度以為是賣褲子的。星巴克只有零星兩三家,沒什麼人光顧。
Fact of the matter is, even before Starbucks came, you could always get good coffee in any major city in Oz from any half-decent street cafe, unlike America. I've only ever bought Frappucino from Starbucks not because I wanted coffee but just wanted a cold drink
* 悉尼墨爾本華人氾濫,基本上無英語也能生存。
Not just Melbourne

This is the problem for overseas student, I knew some Chinese overseas students spent more than 2 yeas in Sydney and they are unable to ...
ivyyee 發表於 2011-6-10 01:05 AM
And it doesn't help that some unis (UTS comes to mind) actually TEACHES in Mando, with a Mainlander teacher, and with Chinese lecture notes. But you get a full UTS degree upon completion.
no way I been living in Sydney for a long time if you can't speak English you can only survive in Cabramatta or Ultimo.

When you see an Aussie you don't say "how are you?". Say "good day" or "how's g ...
hamha 發表於 2011-10-1 07:44 PM
... or Chatswood, Hornsby, Hurstville, Ashfield, Burwood.... etc etc etc

I'm willing to bet you can spend an entire week living in any of the above suburbs without saying a single word in English :)
返回列表